Sunday, January 06, 2013

14th Amendment Option: Nancy Pelosi Urges Obama To 'Just Go Do It' (VIDEO)


The 14th Amendment is not something the President has the authority to "take off the table" anymore than he can take the 2nd Amendment off the table in the wake of the Newtown Massacre.



I would warn the Republicans in the House and Senate that when they took their Oath of Office they said:



"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."



So if they put the Debt Ceiling Gimmick ahead of the 14th Amendment Sec 4 of the US Constitution they have violated their Oath of Office and should be removed.



There is no mention of supporting the ideology of the Koch Brothers, John Birch Society, or Grover Norquist in the Congressional Oath of Office, so the Republicans should wise up and stop playing games with their future.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment