Monday, April 09, 2012

Now That You've Been Accepted: How to Choose Your University

One more thing about Community and State Colleges, very gifted Professors wind up there who are very, very good. I had an Anatomy instructor at City College of San Francisco who was a Doctor who also taught classes in the UC system. When I briefly attended San Francisco State University in the 1980s I had the distinct honor of taking an Astronomy Class from Dr Daniel Q. Posin, Physicist, who was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize six times, and of whom Einstein .... yes THAT Einstein ... 'once described as having "extraordinary pedagogic talents."'



Again, I took an Astronomy from this extraordinary Professor, not at M.I.T, or Cal Berkeley ... but San Francisco State University! Such Professorial treasures await students at Community Colleges and State Universities across the nation.



Here is Dr Posin's Obit. I am extremely proud of having taken his class ... even if I only pulled a "C".



http://universityhonors.umd.edu/HONR269J/archive/DanPosin2.htm
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment