Thursday, February 07, 2013

John Brennan Confirmation Hearing: Obama CIA Director Pick Faces Senate Intelligence Committee


I wonder if I met Brennan once. Years ago a former high school classmate of mine was speaking at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco. As youngsters we would commiserate on Star Trek and unrequited love ... my friend in high school, not Brennan. Anyway, my friend had hit the big time in the video game industry, having teamed up with a Russian Software Developer to bring a game to market. You may have a version of this game on your smartphone. The game was Tetris.



I thought I'd say "Hi" after all the years (remembering my bumping into my friend riding the bus to college with a box full of COBOL punch cards in the early 80's) when I saw that he was to appear at the San Francisco Commonwealth Club.



I bought a ticket.



In addition to being, basically, a video game magnate, my friend gravitated to the cloak-and-dagger world of the CIA. At the time of his speech he was setting up a CIA VC firm in Silicon Valley called In-Q-Tel, that was seeking innovations with intel possibilities. Anyway, at this venue, as I awaited entry to the room where the speech was to be given. A man came out of nowhere to speak with me. He probed why I was there ... "Uh, huh ... uh huh" ... then moved on.



Kind of looked like Brennan, in retrospect, but who knows?
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment