Saturday, November 24, 2012

My Thanksgiving: A Turkey Sandwich at Walmart


"Who will win? I don't know. But I do know whose side I'm on. And I know that I'm not alone."



There are millions of Americans pulling for these folks at Walmart, for they deserve better treatment than they are getting ... as are many across our country.



I want to make one point though. For these Walmart workers what occurred on Black Friday was a definite victory, for it all started with one store ... expanded across the country ... and the Walmart Workers had the guts to participate and make a stand. That is victory. Forming a picket and pushing back sends a powerful message to Walmart Management:



"We aren't just FTEs in a SAP generated report. We are human beings and expect to treated with dignity and respect."



History shows that sometimes it simply takes the principled stand of a single person ... like Rosa Parks refusing to move to the back of the bus ... or a humble Tunisian fruit vender, Mohamed Bouazizi, setting himself on fire in protest of unfair treatment ... to change the world.



The Walmart employees who walked out on Black Friday just started a process that will change the world.



Power to the People!



Solidarity!
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment