Saturday, January 17, 2009

Questions for Those Who Think I'm Going to Hell

Mr Smith, Hell is a product of Mythology, as is Valhalla. I recently heard that the common view of Hell has nothing to do with Bible interpretation at all and was actually described in Dante's Divine Comedy - Inferno. You have to give the author credit, there is something for everyone in Hell from his perspective:



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Comedy



Frankly, I'd have more concern about going to Heaven if I were into Judeo-Christian Mythology ... it seems like such a tedious place. Seems like an eternity of elevator music while all the interesting people would be in Hell.



Anyway, let me leave you with a lyrics from some of my favorite Bards on the subject of Hell



"Highway to Hell" AC/DC



Living easy, living free

Season ticket on a one-way ride

Asking nothing, leave me be

Taking everything in my stride

Don't need reason, don't need rhyme

Ain't nothing I would rather do

Going down, party time

My friends are gonna be there too



I'm on the highway to hell



No stop signs, speed limit

Nobody's gonna slow me down

Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Nobody's gonna mess me round

Hey Satan, payed my dues

Playing in a rocking band

Hey Momma, look at me

I'm on my way to the promised land



I'm on the highway to hell

(Don't stop me)



And I'm going down, all the way down

I'm on the highway to hell



(1979 Young, Young, Scott)
About Gay Marriage
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment