Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday Roundup

Arianna, I hate to be a wet blanket but I have a major concern as it relates to California. I know the polls show Obama way up in the Golden State, but this Prop 8 measure, and more importantly the enthusiasm I am witnessing by Prop 8 proponents is underreported.



I went out to Tanforan Shopping center recently, which is south of San Francisco, and I was shocked to see a large number of Yes on Prop 8 supporters demonstrating with signs along El Camino and cars honking in support of them. This Anti-Gay Marriage Proposition, that is being advertised with a sound bite of Mayor Newsom's taunting "the door is wide open now!", should not be underestimated for its benefit to McCain/Palin come November 4th.



Remember, a lot of California is DEEP RED, and this Anti-Gay stuff is like blood in the water for them.



If I were the Obama Campaign, I would really spend a bit more time talking with California Supporters and telling them that things look good in the State, but it's not in the win column unless they show up to the Polls and vote on November 4th.



I may just be paranoid, but stealing California from Obama would be just the stealth maneuver, the Hail Mary pass, I would expect from the Rove Team ... let's not be complacent so we can avoid later regrets. This Prop 8 deal is poison.
About Video On HuffPost
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment